jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Publishing New Hub

1. 0
    Holmes221bposted 5 years ago

I have just tried to publish a new hub, and have been told that HubPages needs my telephone number before I can publish it.  I have never encountered this before and think there is something strange.  Is this something new for HubPages, or am I right to suspect something strange?

1. Rehana Stormme profile image91
      Rehana Stormmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It happened to me too. Beofre I published my first hub, I was asked to verify my phone number, which I did. I was then sent a verification code through my phone, which I had to enter into HP to verify my identity....Gmail asks you to verify your phone number too. Since I used my gmail to register at HP, I didn't find it too hard inputting my phone number. Besides, I was just too full of excitement publishing my first hub that I didn't mind hastily typing in my phone number....I only use my laptop to publish.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Holmes,

I'm not exactly sure, but I thought that entering the phone number was because people were publishing from a phone, iphone or something like that?

As far as I know, HP asking for a phone is legitimate, but since I don't have a cell phone or use HP via one causes my uncertainty.

Email Staff at Team@Hupbages.com with your direct question or check out the learning center.

3. Rehana Stormme profile image91
    Rehana Stormmeposted 5 years ago

Oops, I just found out that Holmes already left. That phone number verification thing probably scared him off *shrugs*