jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

HubPages Vs InfoBarrel

1. sweetzara profile image84
    sweetzaraposted 5 years ago

Is it okay to post the same article in both HubPages and sites like InfoBarrel? Does the terms and condition of HubPages prevent the writer from posting the same article elsewhere?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi sweetzara,

HubPages used to allow duplicate content, but we don't any more.  Original, unique content performs much better.

1. sweetzara profile image84
        sweetzaraposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Maddle Ruud for such a prompt response,
        That makes total sense. I've just started writing on hubPages a few weeks ago and have really enjoyed my experience so far.

2. PaulPd0 profile image86
      PaulPd0posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Search engines recognize content that appears in more than one location as well, so this should be avoided if you are interested in making money regardless of the policies of any website. Both pages will receive penalties if Google has no definite time record showing which one of the pages is the original - and this will usually happen regardless if you don't contact Google directly as a webmaster.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

You can write wherever you like.

However, you should make sure that you do not create duplicate content anywhere where you do write.

If you're going to write for other places, then you must write original content, so nothing you post anywhere is consider duplicate content. Because, if you post duplicate content elsewhere, then you're likely to be devaluing your own work.

HP doesn't allow duplicate content.

Not to mention, it would also be wise, to figure out which you want to make money from or both. If you want you can create on Infobarrel and direct people to your hubs or other places, to generate revenue.

Make sure you create one-way links between articles and locations you write. Do not create two-way links, because they are not of the same value to Search Engines who check your work.

But, you can write for both or any other place you choose. smile

I hope that helps.

1. PaulPd0 profile image86

Your right about the one-way links, but you don't have to worry about this if these links are all on the same domain. So two-way linking between your hubs or infobarrel posts is perfectly fine.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I didn't mention anything about inter-linking between articles. Did I?

1. PaulPd0 profile image86

haha, no you didn't - I did smile

1. Cagsil profile image60
            Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Okay, just checking. tongue lol

2. PaulPd0 profile image86

People get confused by the fact you mentioned pretty often, so I thought I would shed some additional light.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

Infobarrel seems like a copy of HubPages down to the colors and format, but as far as everything else it seems to perform like HP, plus it pays a little more. The key as others have said is to write original content for both sites...cool

1. David 470 profile image84
      David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wrote for Infobarrel, but my articles do not rank well at all. I have had way more success on here.

I just had a hub go to 2000 views overnight, that won't happen on infobarrel.

working