jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Grouping Hubs

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

I was tweaking my groups, and adding my "orphan hubs" into their proper groups, and decided I neede a new group.  I created said group, but was unable to move the article into it.  It "stuck" at the group just above at the bottom of the list, "flickering"  but would not move down that one last step to the new group.

Was this just another part of the glitches that were happening the other day with blank account pages, missing photos, etc?  Or are we limited to how many groups we may create?  (If the latter is the case, I don't recall seeing a number limit stated anywhere.)

ALSO---the groups seem to show up in the order they were created.  Is there any way to alphabetize the group names?

Thank you!

2. Peggy W profile image91
    Peggy Wposted 5 years ago

When you first add a new group it is at the bottom but after you save the changes it becomes alphabetized...at least all of mine are A to Z.  Try saving the new group name and then go back and move the orphan hubs into it.  As far as I know there are no limits to the number of groups.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you can't drag and drop into different groups in the "group" feature, you might edit the hub and make the change there.  Just a suggestion.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
      DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

@ Peggy  Oh... ok.....thanks very much.  I'll try again.

@ Wilderness--oh,, duh--why didn't I think of that???  (Maybe because I forgot that was possible....)  ...:: searching for dunce cap. :::

1. Peggy W profile image91
        Peggy Wposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No question is a silly question if one does not know the answer.  How else do we learn?  Happy to have been of help.

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
          Jean Bakulaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Peggy,
          Besides organizing your hubs, the order you list them in matters. Say you have a popular hub, and one that isn't getting much attention. Put the one that needs attention right under the popular one, and the arrow at the bottom of the good  one will take the reader to the one you need to get people to more. I play around with the listing order all the time!

1. Peggy W profile image91
            Peggy Wposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is good information!  I never knew that.  Thanks!

working