jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Copying a capsule

1. Greensleeves Hubs profile image97
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 5 years ago

Is it possible to copy capsules from one hub to another. I'm not wanting to copy general text content of course, but for example I write film reviews, and when I write one, I provide links to my other film reviews. It would be much quicker for me if I could just copy the links capsule into each review.

2. Hestia DeVoto profile image60
    Hestia DeVotoposted 5 years ago

Duplicate text is one of those things that you don't want on Hubs.  And that includes reusing text of your own on multiple Hubs.  Lots of users are pulling off RSS feed and link capsules that used to link back to their own Hubs due to all the Google changes.

And I read something a while back where people also said a feature like that would make it too easy for spammers to proliferate.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Certainly, for link capsules, that would be the case.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The link capsules pull the summaries written for the hubs URLs.

So putting more than one link of the same hub on multiple hubs is going to cause a problem? Yes or No?

No.

Okay, then what am I missing? It seems like I lost something in translation, between the OP and now. hmm

I quoted only the part of Hestia's post that referred to making it easy for spammers to proliferate, not the duplicate content part.  The reason we do not allow the copying of link capsules is to make it less easy to spam us.

But, manually doing it is fine? wink

working