jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

New Hubber Here! Critiques Please!

1. Elizabeth Parker profile image60
    Elizabeth Parkerposted 5 years ago

I just published by first hub and would love to get some feedback.  I decided to try to add some personal examples to attract interest. Do you think this is effective?

http://elizabethparker.hubpages.com/hub … -Insurance

Thanks for the input!

1. Adventure Colorad profile image88
      Adventure Coloradposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not bad, the only thing I wold maybe change is to add some titles for division or maybe another picture or two, mainly just to break up the body of text a little bit.

2. leahlefler profile image99
      leahleflerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Elizabeth! The hub is great - there are some things you can do to help with the layout and the earning capability of the hub.

You can break up the text into more text capsules - this will allow you to add more pictures (if desired) and to place pictures next to the relevant text.

More importantly, adding more text capsules will allow you to move the top picture to a lower spot on the page. This allows the google ads to occupy the top spot in the upper right-hand corner, making it more visible (and hopefully, more clickable)!

Good luck on Hub Pages - you're off to a good start!

2. Elizabeth Parker profile image60
    Elizabeth Parkerposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I will break up the body and rearrange the picture so the ads are at the top.  Any suggestions on how to get followers?

3. leahlefler profile image99
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

If you write consistently good material, you will get followers over time. I would NOT recommend following other people in great numbers with the expectation that they will "follow you back." This will actually lower your hubberscore. You want to keep it above 75, or the links on your hubs will be marked as "no follow."

Don't worry about your Hubberscore yet - you are very new and it will rise over time as you write more hubs. Hubpages takes some work and a lot of patience. I'm waiting for my first check from Google to arrive, and I started writing 8 months ago (I've earned more from the Hubpages advertisements).

I wouldn't worry about internal traffic all that much, anyway (if revenue is your aim). Hubbers don't click on ads - you want the traffic from Google (or Bing, or Yahoo) to come to your page through an organic search. It takes a while for hubs to index on the search engines and to rise through the ranks.

Hang in there - your writing looks good and that always pays off in the end!