jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Have you hugged your Title Tuner recently?

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

smile

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image81
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

God you have a lot of time on your hands...but seriously speaking...and I seldom do, the title tuner drives me up the wall with some of the suggestions, although on some rare occasions it does come with some good suggestions....cool

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol

Sounds like the same percentage as me. I hadn't used it in awhile, so mine came up with lots and lots of suggestions. And as usual there were a few gold nuggets among the pebbles. smile

1. Sally's Trove profile image100
        Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's my experience, too. Now, if I were mining for gold, as in California in the 1850s, maybe I'd jump in. But today, for the most part, the title tuner is a waste of time. It keeps giving me words like, "what", "more", "you". In a way, I guess you can use its returns to do some brainstorming, but I find I get more value out of the keywords on a Hub's stats.

1. Cagsil profile image59
          Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Sally,

The keywords on the hub stats section is also giving me keywords I don't use because the keywords are deceptive. I'm a little gun-shy to use them. I have done so in the past, but when they come up with keywords which make no sense, then I don't use them.

1. Sally's Trove profile image100
            Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not at all gun-shy of using those keyword returns. They are what folks are looking for when they find my Hub. I don't copy them blindly into my tags or modify my text without thinking, but I do use them to give me insight.

When Google reports 10 searches on one keyword phrase in 24 hours, I figure that's worth looking at. If elements of that phrase are not in my title, text, or tags, then I'm inclined to get them there.

3. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I used it recently and some of the suggestion it gave me were deceptive to the hub's content. wink

working