jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Personal Works

1. sweetzara profile image84
    sweetzaraposted 5 years ago

What does it mean when Hubpages says that work that is personal in nature is not allowed on HubPages? Most of my hubs are very personal in nature about I think people like reading them.

2. thooghun profile image84
    thooghunposted 5 years ago

There's a section on it here Sweetzara: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Mode … ow-Quality

I think the deal is Hubpages is moving away from a blogging perspective (they didn't mind it once) and moving towards one centered around providing information to end-users.

3. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Basically it means writing things that people who wouldn't know you from a bar of soap would find valuable. What does that mean? Basically, if it's something that only your friends and family would find interesting or funny, it doesn't belong here.

It's fine to use personal experiences as long as it's in a way that other people can relate to and help them with their own situation.

4. Anishpat profile image85
    Anishpatposted 5 years ago

Where does this leave short stories and works of fiction?

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Short stories and works of fiction have a category and are considered literature.

If you have a personal story to tell it must also be informative or creative. You could also tell your personal story as a short story or creative writing in those categories.

As QuestionMaster said your personal experiences must be helpful to others in some way or your hub will be flagged.