jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Hub Info

1. 60
    misfit120posted 5 years ago

OK guys/girls. I'm new to HUB so perhaps I'm missing something here. I attempted to post a hub about humor writing but it was rejected as not containing enough content...I think.  I'm not quite sure the mechanics of writing in here and, being somewhat of a dummy, could use a step by step guideline as to what to do. I know there is information on the site, but it seems somewhat confusing. For instance, when I wrote a draft about humor writing I simply posted my blog site which is not a http sort of thing but just two words, "MisfitWisdom" so that anyone could go there and sample what type of humor I write on a daily basis. I also said that i would be willing to help anyone wanting to write humor.  Tried to post it and it was rejected.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image85
      Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages. Other than what QuestionMaster has said you may want to have a look around as to what other's hubs look like and visit the Learning Center as well. There is so much great information there.

2. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Firstly, all the basics are here, in an easy to understand format: http://hubpages.com/faq/

Hubpages is NOT a blog. Each hub should be a stand alone article - most visitors will come from search engines and never visit any of your other work. As a stand alone article, each hub should be (optimally) 400+ words, have some extra content such as a photo or video, polls etc.

3. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

Visit the Learning Center, so you have a better grasp of what is expected from you as a writer on Hubpages. smile

4. 60
    misfit120posted 5 years ago

Thanks....too complicated for a humor writer such as myself. I like things simple and also to have the ability to actually contact the HUB people....my what a concept. Human interaction. Guess Ill just stick to giving my daily blog humor to the 200 or so other people on Wordpress that can at least comment and have a good laugh. After all, that's all I have to offer.  Thanks for the comment however. .MisfitWisdom

1. QuestionMaster profile image89
      QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In the FAQ section link I gave you is a direct contact link.

If you have a look at hubs by the likes of Mark Ewbie or Shadesbreath, you'll get to see two of the top humor writers on the site and how they set out their hubs.

5. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

You can also check out Stan Fletcher too. smile