jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Life Expectancy of an "Average" Hub

1. Doodlehead profile image83
    Doodleheadposted 5 years ago

I am a Newby.  Do hubs rise slowly and then level off after an average time? 
    What is the life expectancy of a hub? If a hub rises a lot does it pretty much
    stay high infinitely or do all hubs die?  Thank you.

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages. smile
      That depends on topic, ON PAGE SEO, keywords, and backlinks. And, probably a few other things, which I'm unaware of.
      Well, once you publish a hub, providing it's not in violation of HP and Google TOS, then the life expectancy is as long as you decide to keep it published.
      Too many variables. Hubscores fluctuate constantly. I've seen hubs range in a span of 15 points or more.

So, you could have a hubscore on one hub that reaches 90 or more, but it could go down to 75 for a period of time. Other factors are involved, which is why scores move up and down.

You can check out the Learning Center.

2. freesale profile image60
    freesaleposted 5 years ago

I wish I could write better and get hub scores over 60 but I don't know what else to do.

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You haven't written anything. Or should I say, you haven't published anything.

If you leave a hub unpublished, but go back to it from time to time, edit it and work on the content, then the hubscore will automatically increase, just from your traffic alone. wink

2. Doodlehead profile image83
      Doodleheadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Writing is important but so is giving the audience what they are looking for. If you write about topics that people want to know about and give the hub a title that grabs them, I think that may help.  Newby

3. QuestionMaster profile image90
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

As long as you write on evergreen topics (subjects that never grow old), your hubs may last forever.

In the first week after publishing a hub you'll get visits from hubbers - after that you'll see a drop before you start getting search engine traffic. The older good hub is, the more chance it will increase in traffic, without you doing a thing. Scores have nothing to do with it - some low score hubs earn plenty while some high score hubs often get little in the way of traffic or earnings.

There are estimates that it takes 3 years for a hub to reach its full potential - so don't expect magic overnight!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good answer.

4. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago

Welcome smile. Glad your here smile

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I have Hubs that are five years old, made during the beta test period of the site, that are still viable and drawing traffic.

6. saddlerider1 profile image59
    saddlerider1posted 5 years ago

I have found all my hubs draw traffic, just less for the older ones and then I am pleasantly surprised when an oldie becomes a goodie:-) and starts to climb again, but usually when your hub first comes up it climbs and may reach up in the nineties and then gradually start to plummet. boo hoo....lol

7. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

Fantastic information from great experts here-this has been most helpful-thank you very much!

On Twitter I see a substantial increase after 5-6 months.  Here on HP, it is getting easier so hopefully as times goes by-I can wait the 3 years-my Hubs are evergreen so a watering I shall go!

8. Doodlehead profile image83
    Doodleheadposted 5 years ago

What is HP?  Is it the same HP as Hewlett Packard?  No joke.  I don't know what it is.

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

HP = Hubpages

9. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

HubPages encourages us to write on evergreen subjects so that our hubs can last long. However, hubs do die after a while, by which I mean they get less and less traffic. I think a well-written hub performs best when it's between 2 and 3 years old.