jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

my account

1. ktrapp profile image90
    ktrappposted 5 years ago

I admit ahead of time, what I am about to request may seem sort of nit picky, but it is something that drives me a little nuts.

When you go to the "activity" section under "my account" every link in the list reads with the word "you" instead of "I" or "my."

Afterall, if it is "my account" then it should be "topics I follow," "Hubs I follow," "Hubbers I follow," "My Questions," "My Answers," and "Comments I Made,".... NOT "Hubs YOU Follow," "Hubbers YOU Follow," etc.

Nit Picky, I know, but I wish the hub team would consider changing this!

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages, ktrapp!  Take a piece of tape and stick it on your monitor, then put a "my" over the.......smile

ktrappposted 5 years ago in reply to this

HaHa - That made me really laugh, but I don't think it's the solution I was hoping for smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
          Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Actually, it should say "our account" since we share earnings with HP.  smile

2. freesale profile image60
    freesaleposted 5 years ago

or they could save time and change it to "your account" and "your profile"

ktrappposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Funny smile and that would work too, but I think I prefer "my" and "I" since it's my stuff. I think HP could spare a few minutes and make this cosmetic change for me.

3. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

For me the 'help' button that is really a well disguised FAQ button needs to be altered and locating the Learning Center button at the top of the page would be good. Even then not everyone new would find them there. I know this may not be a priority with all the other changes and tweaks are taking place.

1. melbel profile image92
      melbelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

YES! EXACTLY!

4. ktrapp profile image90
    ktrappposted 5 years ago

True again, Randy! But I still vote for "my" and "I" since I guess we only see our own portion of the earnings under my account.

I just hate the "you" and "your" because those pronouns are written from the perspective of HubPages not the account owner. Now I'm sounding too serious, like I really care, but I really wish it was changed. smile

5. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Maybe it is that way unintentionally or  because 'they' own the site and they allow us to have accounts here smile smile

working