jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Promoting Hubbers with No Photo

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

I am normally pleased with Hub Pages but I must express my disappointment.  When I searched for my article on Chicago hotels, I was greeted by my article at the top which pleased me but also by 6-8 hubbers with no photo. 

If the Hubber can no image whatsoever why are we promoting them? 

Can we as a community afford to promote those Hubbers who have put forth all the effort?  Where is the quality standard that HP has been talking about?

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What if they write brilliant articles that are detailed, informative and well written? Just because someone doesn't have a picture or avator doesn't mean they are bad writers - at the end of the day, Google doesn't search for 'pictures' it searches for 'quality' writing.....

...I would say it's more of a hindrance if the writer is trying to create a brand...

2. Cheeky Girl profile image85
    Cheeky Girlposted 5 years ago

GMAGoldie, that's a good point. A Photo is everything. Everyone or every business on the net has some kind of avatar, or even a logo! Anything is better than nothing! I wish people spent more thought on their Hub Profile!

I read in a book published by "Hubspot" (a publisher company) that on Twitter, people are much more inclined to follow a photo with a person, rather than a photo of a non-person. So a good avatar is really paramount to getting anywhere on the web, including Hub Pages. smile

3. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 5 years ago via iphone

If I see a photo , it helps me relate to the article. I am a visual person,and it gives me a great sense of continuity  to see a good profile and picture. I can visualize everything. That is why in books they have author picture and bio. It competes the picture of whoever took time and energy to write the book. Even on hubs, an avatar helps.

4. dungeonraider profile image83
    dungeonraiderposted 5 years ago

Supposedly G is more appeased with a clear head shot photo.  I'm a rebel, too, I guess.

5. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

What about spammers that put up pictures in their profiles?  Your theory would lend them support that they don't deserve.

6. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

I can understand the rare Hubber with no photo but the search that I did the other day I hope will never be repeated where I typed in chicago hotels and had over 6 hubbers appear with no photo.  It gives a poor representation of the quality that is out here on Hub Pages.

In all searches, the value of the photo must be addressed.  The capsules without photos on eBay and Amazon are another certain.

The broken links, the poor photos, the lack of unique summaries-these are all quality items that degrade our site. 

Our goal must be quality at all times-within each hub and within each search.