jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Typesetting Mathematics in hub pages

1. AlexK2009 profile image86
    AlexK2009posted 5 years ago

I have stuff I wrote using Latex for fairly complex formulae. Integrals, special symbols, fractions,  equation arrays etc.

What is the simplest way to get these into a hub?

I do not want to have to do a screen capture with each equation and insert images all the time,  though that may be the only way.

I am also  looking at including animations,  which means, at the least attaching a CSS style sheet to the hub. Can this be done?

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Use paint to get your stuff done and use them as pics with text next to them explaining them.. just a thought.. it could work though smile Have fun smile

2. classicalgeek profile image88
      classicalgeekposted 5 years ago in reply to this

For making animations, the best thing might be to make a video on YouTube. When you create enough original content there, you can apply to be a partner and get adsense revenue there, too. In the meantime, while you are waiting on that much content, you can feature your YouTube videos on your hubs.

As far as formulae, you may be able to get away with html formatting; if not, your best bet is to consult the standards organization, where, as I understand it, the <MATH> setup owes a lot to LaTex. Here's the specific page: http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html3/maths.html

Good luck!

1. AlexK2009 profile image86
        AlexK2009posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks to both of you. I will check out the math html page.

2. QuestionMaster profile image88
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

I don't know what the specific symbols are, so this may not help.

However, when in a text capsule, you have three options that may help:

Subscript, Superscript and Insert Custom Character. All three options are at the top right of the options in the text capsule.

Otherwise, have you tried copying and pasting the formula in directly from another word program, and seeing if they remain the same way or lose some meaning?