jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Can I use Amazon products and ads as my hub subjects?

1. MissJamieD profile image79
    MissJamieDposted 5 years ago

I'm having writers block, and trying to be a more interesting, modern writer. Can I just choose Amazon or Ebay or any other products I choose, to write about? I guess I'm aiming mostly at Amazon since I'm an ad affiliate. Can I write reviews on their products AND use the ads for the same product from Amazon? Does that make sense? lol

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Have you used the products and can thus give an honest review from experience?  Or do you just figure on copying/compiling the reviews from someone else in Amazon.

If the first, yes and it is probably one of the best ways to write a sales hub.  Make an hones review, pros, cons and conclusions about the product and stick in an amazon link.

1. Cardisa profile image90
        Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Wilderness. I don't think it's a good idea to rewrite a review on a product you have no personal experience with.

But one of the best ways to get Amazon sales is to write a review on their products and place a link in the hub.

2. MissJamieD profile image79
        MissJamieDposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't copy information for one thing, but I was thinking of reading several reviews and comments about each product and summarizing....is that not an ethical way of writing? I'm just making sure, I try not to do anything unethical..lol

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Personally I would find it ethical only if you made it very plain that you are merely reporting and compiling what others have said and that you don't have any personal knowledge to offer.

I understand that others don't agree with me and write just the sort of thing you are proposing, but you will find many that do agree as well.

It comes down to how far you are willing to stretch your own ethics to gain a few pennies.  Written as I suggest will probably result in no sales - written as hidden fiction it could make you a little.

I have written quite a few sales hubs.  While I may push products I have never used they are not reviews in any sense of the word.  Usually just a list of different brands that offer different features.  What reviews I have done (several) are all from personal experience.

Ethical opinions are a dime a dozen, however.  Hopefully others will weigh in.

1. MissJamieD profile image79
            MissJamieDposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you all very much, I appreciate your opinions no matter what they are, that's why I asked here:) I respect all respectful hubbers and will always take your knowledge into account!

I'm sorry if I seem a little dense but do you mean you can write about the items and promote them, but not review them if you haven't used them? For example, can I describe certain items and point them in that direction or is that wrong? I haven't used it but maybe I think it'll work for someone/something....????

working