jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)

Ha! It's about time!!

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image91
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 8 years ago

Let me start by saying I don't write in an attempt to make money, that is more like icing on the cake for me.  I love to write, and it gives me something to do when I'm bored, gives me an outlet for my creativity, and it's fun! 
    Having said that, I finally have some earnings on AdSense!!  A whole $0.50!!  LOL!  Sorry, just had to share.

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image79
      Ryan Hupferposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Congrats Anna Marie! smile

You have to start somewhere, right?

2. 0
    Ananta65posted 8 years ago

Good for you! In 5 months time, having published 75 hubs, I’m still stuck on $ 12.- big_smile

(It's still morning here, I thought you had already made $ 50.-)

1. Jerrico Usher profile image61
      Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I'm going to prove that you can make 2,000 a month on hubpages- Hey rocky watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat... all proceeds will go back into helping authors... I just want to see it happen and I think I got it! (the idea)

1. 0
        daflaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Jerrico, you are such a trip! I wish I had your drive and energy.

2. 0
        Ananta65posted 8 years ago in reply to this

I belive that’s possible, Jerrico. But then I’d have to put effort in promoting my hubs, doing backlink stuff and other things that I don’t understand. It’s not my aim to make money here, but I have no doubt that if you run the extra mile you’re able to pull it off.
        I’ve read about your idea and frankly I don’t really understand much of it, but I wish you all the best in achieving your goal. smile

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image91
          Anna Marie Bowmanposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Jerrico, I wish you the best of luck!!  May it bring you and the rest of HP lots of money!!!

I think that might be my problem as well.  I don't have the understanding or motivation to backlink all my stuff and all that.  I did add a link to my hubpages on myspace, but wish I could add something else to it, cause it's there, but hard to find.  LOL!  I did get some traffic from that link, though.  I guess it's a start.  As I said, I don't care that much about the money, but then again, money is always nice to have.  I just wanted an outlet to write, and share ideas, and that sort of thing.

2. 0
      daflaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Don't feel bad, hon. It took me 13 months with Hubpages and 4 blogs to get to $100.  Most of that came from Hubpages, believe it or not.

3. Anna Marie Bowman profile image91

LOL!!  Thanks, Ananta!!  Yeah, it was only 50 cents, not 50 dollars.  Wish it were 50 dollars.

4. Anna Marie Bowman profile image91

Thanks, Ryan!!  You're right!

5. anime_nanet profile image60
    anime_nanetposted 8 years ago

Gratz Anna!

I have a website for more than 5 years with google adsense on it... it had won me 25 dollars more or less...

since I joined hubpages i won 6 dollars in 2 months so that was pretty neat!

HP are a great combination... it (we, hubers) atracts the traffic, get us good SEO and we all share profits...

one cent at a time, one cent at a time big_smile

Keep up you have great hubs!

6. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image73
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

It is true that u can not make much money in hubpages (Except some very lucky ones) but you can enjoy here.
    Jyoti kothari

7. terenceyap07 profile image60
    terenceyap07posted 8 years ago

Hi Anna,

50 cents is good start, my friend. I started out with 12 cents and remained there for some time. LOL!

But like Ananta, I'm not here for the money. I activated adsense in the hope that I could select and control the type of advertisements that were displayed on my hubs.

So far, I'm still getting those "congratulation!!! you have won..."  and "find an Asian bride" ads. But I count my blessings.

*smiles*

8. WHoArtNow profile image86
    WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago

Work for the thrill of it, and reward yourself when you finally get the first google check. I've decided for my reward, that I won't cash the check, I'm going to frame it and hang it above my desk so I can see it. Then I'm going to look at it so it will inspire me. I'm looking forward to the day it comes. 5 months in and I hit $8 today, its a great feeling though when you log in and you've got another 26 cents, its so bizarre, that much money will buy me nothing in England, but it feels so good!

If $2000 a month is possible through Hubpages, then I'm the pope! But good luck with it, I shall be looking out for stuff in the forums (i'm heading over to the post about it after writing this)

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I guess we all better start calling you "Your Holiness," then.  Because some people do.

9. WHoArtNow profile image86

Wow, I stand corrected,  They must be some awesome writers!!

10. WHoArtNow profile image86

Wow, I stand corrected,  They must be some awesome writers!!

working