Unable To Start Any Affiliate Programs

1. Loco Life profile image81
    Loco Lifeposted 5 years ago

Before joining HubPages I already had an AdSense and Amazon Affiliates Account. When I vist the affiliates page here, it will no allow me to do anything at all. I've refreshed the page, signed in and out, etc., but this has been ongoing for going on 4 days now.

1. 0
      SirDentposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You do not use metatags here for adsense and amazon affilliate programs.  You must copy ther adsense code directly from the metatag and insert it in the appropriate box. 

Click on "My Account at the top of the page", then click on "Earnings" and you can enter your Google Adsense code there. Click configure on the line for google adsense.  To find your code you will have to go to your adsense page and sign in.  Right click the page and view source.  Search the page that shows up for "google adsense."  There will be a series of numbers (possibly some letters also) just after the words google adsense.  Copy the numbers and enter them into your account page under google adsense after you click configure.  This will get your adsense account associated with your Hubpages account.

Amazon is basically the same.

Edit:  The code might be in the adsense metatag instead of the source page. 

Sorry if I caused any confusion.  It was almost 4 years ago that I signed up for adsense and added it here.

2. Loco Life profile image81
    Loco Lifeposted 5 years ago

Thank you for the reply. I've attempted this process several times, and it will never give me the option to configure. Only to "get started." As I said in the original post I already have an adsense account and code, but not once has it let me check yes under the affiliate settings.

Again, thank you for the reply. It is much appreciated.