jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Is 54 views in 8 hours considered a decent start in Hubpages?

1. inaniLoquence profile image87
    inaniLoquenceposted 5 years ago

(This is a re-post since I originally posted this on another thread)

Ellie here and it's currently my 8th hour in Hubpages. I have five hubs (nice term for articles) and it has generated around 54 views-- and counting. Is this considered a good start? Please feel free to browse my articles and do tell me if you have some kind of "hunch" or feeling that it will have more views.

Well, seriously, I am not sure how to increase traffic since I have only been an online writer for a few days. I still cannot grasp some basic concepts like SEO.

I am planning on staying here for good and of course, generate a passive income (new term for me as well) to help me finance my expensive education.

I saw some forum posts and a lot of you here are really helpful. I do hope you'll extend your hospitality to this newbie.

Xie xie!

1. seamist profile image82
      seamistposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Considering you only have 5 hubs and joined 8 hours ago. I think you're off to a good start. However, what really matters at this point is where is the traffic coming from...Hupages or Google right now? If it's from Hubpages, that traffic usually slows down very quickly. You need traffic from Google and other search engines to make money here.

2. rus-leelaratne profile image60
    rus-leelaratneposted 5 years ago

Agree with the comments from seamist.  I am new here as well and I seemed to get some good traffic initially from hubpages.  Then they died down.  Sign up to Google Analytics and see where the traffic is coming from.  I am keeping an eye on mine to see whether the Google percentage is rising.

3. seamist profile image82
    seamistposted 5 years ago

By the way, welcome to Hubpages!