jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Suggestion: Make FAQ easier to locate

1. Howard S. profile image85
    Howard S.posted 5 years ago

It doesn't show up from the search box. It doesn't appear in links in the page footer. It didn't jump out at me from the Learning Center, though it's probably there somewhere. It doesn't appear from the homepage--at least not that I can find from  being logged-in.

Oh, guess what? I just found it in the instructions to the left of the box for typing this forum post! That proves it still exists. But there really need to be links to it from the usual intuitive places.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Like being on top of every page at the extreme right labelled help?

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol

2. Howard S. profile image85

Gosh, it would help/FAQ if their vocabulary was consistent! roll A Help button up there makes sense, but we're often urged to "look in the FAQ."

This is similar to--but worse than--the fact that the labels topic and category are used interchangeably. Anyway, thanks, guys!

(Hey, UW, I thought you disappeared. You broke my link to your MLK hub. mad )

1. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Howard,

UW isn't capable of breaking your link to one of her hubs. The only way that could be done is by a programming glitch, which you could fix in your hub or if UW deleted/unpublished the hub. wink

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this
      1. Howard S. profile image85
        Howard S.posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, I'm glad I spoke up! I don't know why it showed up as a broken link last month, but I'll re-link it now.

3. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

Hate to say it, but have you ever clicked on 'my profile'? Look a little to the right.

4. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

http://www.nps.gov/pinn//images/20060815193936.JPG

5. Howard S. profile image85

A couple of you have pointed out that "help" takes me to the FAQ, which is good to know. My point is that "FAQ" doesn't show anywhere outside of its url and title. Doing a search for FAQ comes up empty, though doing a search for "help" will turn up FAQ. It is common for sites that have an FAQ to use the term in several places for navigation.

6. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

Well, I think, if you wanna get help, click the help link instead of doing a search for FAQ or asking for help in the forum. Does it not make more sense?

7. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

I would have to agree with the OP on principle.

When you're a new member, this site is confusing enough - you get told to go to the learning centre, the help section or the FAQ. And that's before you even start learning your way around your profile page with multiple lists!

working