jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Outerlinks and Amount Earned

1. Whimsical Chair profile image45
    Whimsical Chairposted 5 years ago

How many outerlinks am I allowed to have on each hub?

I'm in HubPages Ad Program, and I want to know much page views do I need to earn a penny?

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Outerlinks? Not sure I understand. However, you can have a maximum of two links to one domain in one hub.

And, as far as the Hubpages Ads Program, I would suggest you visit the Learning Center for any questions for precise knowledge and answers.

Whimsical Chairposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Cagsil for your respond.  I did go to the Learning Center and I didn't any information about how much I'll earn after x amount of impressions.  I did earned a penny after 3 impressions.  So, does that means I'll get a penny after every 3 impression?  Are there any variations?

1. QuestionMaster profile image89
        QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As mentioned below, the amount you earn is calculated differently based on source and quality of views. So you may get 5c for ten impressions one day and only 3c for the same amount the next day.

Thank you again QuestionMaster.

3. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Hubpages has specific rules about outgoing links from your hubs:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

With the Hubpages ad program, you get paid on the amount of views you receive to a hub. However the ECPM (payment per thousand views, basically) can vary depending on the quality of the views, what country they are from and various other factors not revealed by Hubpages.

I'd recommend writing more than one hub before worrying too much about earnings. It often takes 50 or more hubs and several month of age on those hubs before you start seeing more than few cents each month in earnings from Adsense, HP ads or other affiliates.

Thank you QuestionMaster for your great answer and the link.

2. profile image0
      Web Addictposted 5 years ago in reply to this

QuestionMaster, thanks. That was full of insights.

working