jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Why is there an ad on the homepage?

1. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

I was under the impression that hubbers are not supposed to click on ads. Why is there an ad on our homepage?

2. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 5 years ago

why not have an ad on your home page, anyone can view your profile so you have a chance of revenue from it just as you have from your hubs .....jimmy

Hauntyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, I don't mean the profile, but the homepage. This one: http://hubpages.com/feed/

1. jimmythejock profile image83
        jimmythejockposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry Haunty I read your question wrong maybe non members can set up an rss of the live feed or something like that.....jimmy

Hauntyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe Jimmy. I don't really understand that that deeply. Thanks. smile

3. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Actually this is a good question - we're told over and over not to click our own adverts, or other people's adverts.

Of course this is different - it's an advert that makes money for the HP Adsense account. Although it's not a prominent placement, maybe they think they can get clicks off new members. The feed isn't visible to anyone else.

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's not visible to anyone but members?

Maybe that's changed and no one bothered to notify the community. The forums are not solely for members, so maybe HP has changed the FEED to be recognized by outsiders.

It would be the only reason why there would be an ad on it. Otherwise, it makes no sense whatsoever.

working