jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

1. kev8 profile image76
    kev8posted 5 years ago

My traffic has gone from pre-panda levels of about 350-400 a day to less than 50 a day now. Any ideas how I can recover or should I just write off all the work I've done?

2. sweetzara profile image84
    sweetzaraposted 5 years ago

sorry I don't know the solution to your problem. what exactly is panda?

1. kev8 profile image76
      kev8posted 5 years ago in reply to this

It was googles recent algorithm change. It affected the traffic levels of a lot of hubbers.

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
    PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago

This has been going on since August 10th.  Read some of the other threads.  Silver Rose's advice in 'September 6th Traffic Plunge' is possibly the best advice that you will get and the most useful imho.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've not been writing here very long but I did notice a huge, when I say huge, I'm talking in terms of percentage, drop in traffic. Now it seems to have leveled out. Therefore, because of the immaturity of my hubs I can't really say if I'm getting, more or less views than I should be at this stage. I do have a theory though.

If the big G is testing the sub domains, which appears to be the amount of time a reader spends on a page, perhaps? Then that is perhaps why a few of the more seasoned and successful hubbers, have seen their hubs drop, rise, drop rise in the SERPS. G, on a temporary basis, is perhaps allowing other writers, even from other sites, to temporarily rise in the SERPs so it can monitor how long readers spend on that page and therefore, determine how useful that page is to the searcher.

For me at least, this was confirmed over the last few days, at least at this stage, when one of my best performing hubs received less than half of the traffic it usually gets. However, another hub which normally receives very little traffic is getting three times more. When I look at what was my previously best performing hub stats, I have noticed that view duration is now rated. Where previously it had stated 'not measured yet'

Just a theory smile