jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

New Hub , Poem , called ''WHY''

1. vagabond mystic profile image57
    vagabond mysticposted 5 years ago

Beat me up , then pick me up . Thank- You !

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Helpful suggestion: Posting to a forum for the purpose of promoting your hub is against TOS and may get you banned.

1. Camping with Kids profile image88
        Camping with Kidsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

hmmm. I didn't see it that way.

This IS the forum to list your hubs and ask people to take a look.

But... poetry is such a subjective form of writing, and I find so little of it I like or find meaningful, I am sure that disqualifies me from commenting on the content. Or even the formatting. I understand that sometimes the formatting is part of the poetry.

So, no comment on the hub, but this is the place to ask folks to read it.

2. recommend1 profile image72
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

I don't normally comment on poetry hubs as I expect to see poetry and am usually disappointed - this hub is no different, it is absolutely terrible as poetry and even more horrible as prose and the subject matter is naive nonsense.  If you would like me to expand on this just ask.

1. manlypoetryman profile image73
      manlypoetrymanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There is nothing wrong with a healthy critique. However...there is nothing wrong with a little bit of grace and encouragement either.

1. recommend1 profile image72
        recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

This does not warrant encouragement, the author is well aware that this is not poetry - and any further outpourings of this nature should be discouraged.

There is no point beating around the bush, criticism is asked for and my response is appropriate enough, I could have been far more rude with some justification.  If this was some would-be poet trying his hand then my response would have been far more encouraging.