jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Our float won 4th place in the parade!! I'm so excited!

1. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 5 years ago

I had this vision a year ago, when I was still sick with Lyme.  It became reality this weekend as the Arklatex Lyme Disease support group had an awesome float in the parade!!  Wow, I'm so excited. It was awesome!!!

I just had to share my joy.

All photos public on FB here:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set … 1079435779

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Congrats! smile smile smile

donotfearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much...I know it seems silly to be so hyper over this but if you've ever been sick with Lyme & fought the battle we have, everyone would be jumping up and down like me.   Victory over tick-borne diseases!!

3. Rosie2010 profile image82
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

That's a beautiful float!  Congratulations!  How wonderful and exciting for you and your group.  Cheers!

Blessings on you, Rosie!  WE got the word out.

4. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Good job! smile Congrats! smile

5. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 5 years ago

We reached over 30,000 people with our message.

6. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

Having read your story of your battle with Lyme disease some months ago, I was petrified when I found two ticks on me a couple of days after geocaching on a common south of London with my daughter. We'd worn shorts because it was so hot.

That was back in July so I'm hoping all is clear. I think UK ticks are less risky. However, it was still gross to realise those black specks in my thigh were not just particles of dirt but beasties with legs!

All ticks are risky to carry Lyme and co-infections. It is widespread in the UK as well. They will tell you it is not there, but that is untrue. People are misdiagnosed daily all over the world.  Hope you will be okay, but if you should experience fatigue or other symptoms, research or email me!  Thanks for reading my articles!

7. Disturbia profile image59
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

Awesome!  Congratulations!

8. Rehana Stormme profile image92
    Rehana Stormmeposted 5 years ago

Congratulations! That's something to be proud of! Spreading awareness and winning 4th place! smile