jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

A hub for Halloween that wasn't requested

1. Robin Layne profile image79
    Robin Layneposted 8 years ago

Hi, I just published a hub that is related to Halloween but not in the list of requests. I'm not sure how the weekly theme thing works. Is it only a matter of answering requests, or is there more to it? This one's "The Lighter Side of Vampires," and I want to make sure I get in on any traffic that the theme brings.

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image80
      Ryan Hupferposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hey Robin,

Just like Uninvited Writer said, I post up a new topic each Monday to kick off the week. I try to pick a topic area that will give everyone some good direction while still allowing for room to make the topic their own. By making it a group effort and by creating a large group of Hubs with a higher-than-average chance for ranking, we have seen many of the Hubs get some very solid traffic in just a short period of time.

Plus, it's a fun way to write about something each week and it's always really interesting to see what everyone comes up with. smile

You should join this week's HubMob when you get a chance - the topic this week is 'All About Pets'.

I hope that this makes sense? Let me know if you have any other questions for me, OK?

2. jyuva profile image38
    jyuvaposted 8 years ago

HubMob topic for one week only big_smile
    Read this

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

The Halloween theme was last week. This week's theme can be found here:

Ryan posts one every Monday for the HubMob

4. Robin Layne profile image79

Darn, I missed out by a few days. The HubMob info came to my email for the Halloween one but not for the pet one. Can I still put the rss feed for that theme on my article? How would I do that if I can?

5. Robin Layne profile image79

Oh, and in August I happened to publish a pet article--not knowing of the HubMob coming this week. Can add the RSS for the other pet hubs on it?

6. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

My hubmob hubs from previous weeks are still receiving pretty good traffic.  I love Halloween, but I had already been working on a few creative projects and have not had the time to make a Halloween hub yet.  The hubmob is the best thing that every happened to HubPages, so thank you Ryan!