jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Option to either update/edit or delete a question

1. Ania L profile image84
    Ania Lposted 5 years ago

I couldn't find an option to edit or delete my question - I spelt it wrong so I wanted to correct myself and there was no such possibility. I know there is such an option for comments and answers so I can edit them for few more minutes but nothing for questions.
    I have asked people if they know about a way to do so but looks like nobody can help.
    It would be really useful I believe - I feel quite embarrassed now when my misspelled question is viewed by many people as it triggered quite a lot of answers

1. Just Ask Susan profile image86
      Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No there is no way to either edit or delete a question once you have hit that submit button. It would be nice if we could. I would not worry about it though as I think many of us have made typos when submitting questions. smile

Ania Lposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I try to not worry, thanks smile Especially that it looks like it luckily lost all the attention it's got at the beginning smile

2. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

I suppose, if it really was a big issue, you could open an answer to your question and make the correction there.

3. sanathara profile image60
    sanatharaposted 5 years ago

I know there is no option to edit the question. But I think you can write to Hubpages staff. They are the authority and will help you out.

4. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Last time I checked, you cannot update, edit or delete a question. However, under "activity", under "my account", you can close a question that you began. Unless, HP took that feature away with it's unannounced changes.

Ania Lposted 5 years ago in reply to this

For a moment I had a hope @Cagsil but no, there is no such option under Activity in questions tab, so well, I guess I have to live with that smile