jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Do you understand the columns on the "Comments You Made" page?

1. Howard S. profile image85
    Howard S.posted 5 years ago

There are two columns I do not understand on the page: http://hubpages.com/my/activity/commented-on
    They are titled "4 hrs" and "24 hrs". The Help button doesn't explain the legend.

I've figured out all the other columns. In case you haven't, here are a couple of tips:

1) The "ever" column is supposed to count how many comments the hub has. If it seems to be off, however, it is still counting some that have been disapproved.

2) If you sort on the "modified" column, you can see the date the hub was last edited. One use for this is to see which of your own hubs you have edited recently and which you haven't. (This only works for hubs of yours that have comments. But the way around that is to comment on your own hub. After your comment registers, disapprove it. You will then see 0 in the ever column, but the hub will be listed here.) Unfortunately, there is no filter or way to separate your own hubs from others'.

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

4 hrs means "in the last four hours" and 24 hrs means "in the last 24 hours."  (remember stats on this site are all rolling totals, except for "ever" stats.)  Not everyone is that prolific a commenter nor has Hubs that are drawing a lot of comments in a short amount of time, but some do.

1. Howard S. profile image85
        Howard S.posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Relache, that's what I would expect, but I couldn't find any of my hubs or others' on which I had commented where this was true. Let's look at your most recent hub for example. I can't see your "Comments You Made" page, of course. But I can tell from your hub that it has one approved comment in the past 24 hrs. Does that display correctly on the "Comments You Made" page?

If we're understanding the intent of this column correctly, I think there may be a programming bug int it.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

It's quite possible there could be a bug.  I personally don't reference that stats page for anything.