WTF - is this someone's idea of smart advertizing?

1. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

I recently received an email (via HotMail) from HubPages about a new fan/follower (interesting format, and info - nice intro to your new fans/followers.

Unfortunately, none of the links worked and I was taken to a page displaying the old familiar #404, Page Not Found error message.

Then it turned into a squeeze page for advertisements and I had to close SEVERAL boxes just to get off the page.

Does anyone know what's up with that? Can anyone tell me how to get rid of or avoid it?

Here is the text from the really cheezy blinking ad:

Congratulations Resident!
    Choose a Prize, then Enter Your Email & Shipping Info!

TIME REMAINING
    03:52:26
    105 Claimed Today

CONGRATULATIONS, YOU WON A TRIP TO PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND! CLICK HERE TO CLAIM!

*DISCLAIMER: InviteFashion.com is not affiliated with Walmart® or Apple®. All Walmart® and Apple® trademarks are the property of Walmart® or Apple®, and LocalPromotions.info.com does not, in any way, claim to represent or own any of Walmart's® or Apple®'s trademarks or rights. Walmart® and Apple® do not own, endorse, or promote LocalPromotions.info or this promotion.

InviteFashion.com is an affiliate promoting an independant rewards program and is not associated with any of the above listed merchants or brands. LocalPromotions.info is also not responsible for gift fullfilment. The above listed merchants or brands in no way endorse or sponsor LocalPromotions.info's offer and are not liable for any alleged or actual claims related

1. Camille Harris profile image
      Camille Harrisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Eek. Those blinking ads with the "are you sure you want to leave this page?" boxes are heinous. 

If you can forward us the email to Team@HubPages.com we'll see that this is addressed accordingly.

Thanks!

working