jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Please let me know what I am doing wrong

1. Antigua profile image61
    Antiguaposted 5 years ago

I am revisiting posting hubs as a way to relieve some stress.  One thing I have noticed, is that I do not get high traffic.  So far I have gotten 1 comment out of 6 hubs. 

I would appreciate if my hubs are critiqued to help me with my content.

Thank you in advance

1. livelonger profile image91
      livelongerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your Hubs look pretty good to me. Are you reading and leaving comments on other peoples' Hubs?

2. DeborahNeyens profile image96
      DeborahNeyensposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I took a look at a few of your hubs and the one thing I noted is that perhaps they are a bit too personal.  A personal touch is good, but it may be difficult for readers to find that useful bit of information in your hubs that helps them in their own lives.  For example, your hub Fun at the Beach focused on the reasons why you like to go to the beach.  While it offered some nice descriptions of why you find the beach appealing, I'm not sure that it was all that thought-provoking for your readers.  You need more of a hook.  What if you gave your readers the benefit of your own experiences having grown up on an island with so many beaches by sharing some things they can do to ensure their own fun on the beach - like a list of things to take along in the beach bag or how to select the right beach for them?  Anyway, you definitely have a good start with what you've already written and I hope you find my comments helpful.

Antiguaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Definitely helpful.  I guess I started out with more reading material, then realized later that readers were looking for more of a how to article.

Thank you for the help

2. Antigua profile image61
    Antiguaposted 5 years ago

I have lately started doing that and picking up some good information.  Thank you for the comment

3. dungeonraider profile image85
    dungeonraiderposted 5 years ago

@Antigua - I typed in 'antigua the beautiful antigua carnival' and didn't find your page on the first three pages of Google.  I then typed in the address of your page, and yes, it is there.  So, if you want to draw organic search engine traffic, I highly recommend you read some of the many guides here on HP concerning Search Engine Optimization and Keywords.  Your content looks fine.

Antiguaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the help.  Will do some more reading