jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Worst Amazon Sale

1. andyoz profile image84
    andyozposted 5 years ago

i just logged into my Amazon account and was excited to see I had made 3 sales yesterday.  However, I didn't seem to have earned much.  When I checked I had sold one item for $5.83, one for $0.80 and one for $0.01!!  I think that must be some kind of record for lowest sale ever! 

I'm not complaining though as 3 items does push me closer to going up a tier on the comission for the month.  There is no such thing as a bad sale.

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You hit the nail on the head.  I've made a couple of sales for only 20 cents (some kind of plumbing fitting) that got me only a penny, but it helps bring the commission rate up.

I push both cheap and expensive items with just that in mind.  That 20 cent sale may push me into the next tier, whereupon the $200 drill somebody just had to have is suddenly worth $4 more than it was.

As you say, it's all good!

2. KeithTax profile image79
    KeithTaxposted 5 years ago

Those 1 cent sales show up once in a while. You have the right attitude focusing on the number of items sold helping your payout percentage.

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

yeah,a 1 cent sale would not make me happy....luckily it's not always the case.

4. iQwest profile image70
    iQwestposted 5 years ago

Don't feel alone, I just had a $0.01 sale on eBay!  Can't wait to see the commission break out on that one.  Perhaps I'll get a bread crumb!!!

andyozposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Stop making me hungry smile

1. iQwest profile image70
        iQwestposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Don't indulge in the bread crumb!  If you eat one, you know you're not going to be able to stop, and, with a $0.01 sale, it's not going to be a very big one at that!

andyozposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How many $0.01 sales before I have enough commision to buy a full loaf?  Hmmmm, maybe in about 7 million years.  Yummy

5. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 5 years ago

I can't even be an Amazon affiliate since I'm in one of the states that passed some stupid law against it. I don't know why. I can't do ebay either since I don't have my own website. Oh, well....Does being an affiliate for either of those pay off much?

6. prairieprincess profile image95
    prairieprincessposted 5 years ago

Victoria, there was a recent announcement that HP is unrolling an E-bay program for everyone in October. This will mean that almost everyone can sign up, as far as I know.

As far making money on Amazon, I guess some people do very well. For me, I have never made payout yet and I've been at it for 10 months. From what I've read, you really need to focus on product hubs to make Amazon sales.