jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How's my Hubbing? Like the HubMob...but it's not.

1. Anti-Valentine profile image93
    Anti-Valentineposted 8 years ago

I was just thinking about something.

When I look at my traffic sources in my account, the ones from google are much higher than hubpages.com.

I like the idea of the hubmob thread, and in the spirit of sharing, I thought it might be a good idea, if it doesn't exist already, to start a thread where people can post their latest hub links, regardless of what it is. It doesn't have to have a particular theme.

It could help give the community a boost, and get everyone some more page views, and any other good reason that I haven't thought of.

So how  about it, we could call it "How's my Hubbing?"

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I see what your intention is, but I don't think a forum thread would achieve what you mean it to.  It would just turn into a link dump, without fostering any real community interaction. We have the Extreme Hub Makeover forum for those who'd like feedback on their hubs, but we don't encouarge people to link to their hubs in the forums otherwise.

2. Anti-Valentine profile image93
    Anti-Valentineposted 8 years ago

Maybe it could turn into a link dump, but I think it's partially unfair that some of us have higher hub scores than hubs that are on the homepage.

I know there's a lot of debate over how the hubscores are actually calculated, and personally I don't understand how it works.

The other day I had one hub with a lot of page views but it only had a hubscore of 58, and then another brand new article I wrote had 66 with only a few views.

Then, suddenly, the one with 58 shot up to 73 with just one extra view, so I'm a little puzzled.

If the scores are dependant on how many views you have (and the length of the article, so I've read) then why do some of mine have low-ish scores? My articles are all fairly to very long.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure what you mean.  Personal author score and hubscore are two different things.

Hubscore is dependent on a number of factors, not just traffic.  Darkside wrote a hub that summarizes the things we've said about it: http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubscore

Hope that helps.

3. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Many have questioned how a page is scored, and yes it is puzzling. The reason why I think it might have jumped so high from one additional person is because the person found your hub through a site ranked higher. Aka you find someone on Google and it helps the score so much and if you find them on SearchTiger you get MORE then the Google search. That might have something to do with it or not, personally I don't let it affect me.
    (this is an example on my understanding, and I don't know if its accurate or if SearchTiger exists.