jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Polls problem?

1. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 8 years ago

Hi everyone; This is my first post so be gentle.LOL
    I recently put a poll on my hub and it doesn't seem to keep running tabs;it stops after one or two people voted.How do I fix this so it continues to let people vote ?

2. thranax profile image53
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

It might just be the server lagging. I can't be sure though because polls are new to me.

~Thranax~

1. Stacie L profile image86
      Stacie Lposted 8 years ago in reply to this

whay I mean is;it gives a total;I want it to continue until I stop it.

1. thranax profile image53
        thranaxposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Well, as I just implied, when someone votes the vote goes to a script on Hubpages servers. All votes go there, if there is more votes then the server can handle they pile up and take time to complete. This pileup is called: Lagging  OR slowing down speed of a computer operation. If the problem doesn't fix itself in a day then I think you should get it looked into further.

~thranax~

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

There shouldn't be any lag, but each signed in user or ip address gets just 1 vote.  If you make any changes to your poll question or answers it will reset as well.

1. thranax profile image53
      thranaxposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That was what I was also pondering, I was sure every user\ip only gets one vote (if you where having yourself vote or friends from your computer) that might likely be the problem.

And thanks Paul, I know there shouldn't be lag, there never should be lag in anything if you think about it smile. I was just looking for a rational answer to the problem.

~thranax~

4. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 8 years ago

hey thanks for your help.I guess I'm impatient. I'll wait and see

working