jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Firefox Add On

1. WHoArtNow profile image86
    WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago

Hi guys and gals @ Hub pages, I was just wondering if your considering (or have considered) a Firefox add on for hub pages?

Keep it up guys, excellent website, excellent community! smile

2. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

That would be interesting to say the least.

What exactly do you suggest they make the add on do?

3. WHoArtNow profile image86

Nothing over complicated, just something to inform you of any messages, new hubs by your friends, and maybe some stats that you can choose (so you can do overview, or individual hub traffic)

I'm not a computer programmer (and have no clue about it!) so wouldn't begin to know how hard (or how much) something like that would cost to create.

1. thranax profile image59
      thranaxposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I like your ideas. Maybe new comments, show on the add on instend of E-mails? And it can involve some links to your Hubpage account etc. By making a Bar it would allow you to always be signed on Hubpages while your online-I guess it could be helpful.

A Basic one wouldn't be hard at all to make. It doesn't cost anything to make (maybe the right for Hubpages to use it =P) but itself is free. (so I like being wise now and then, hey it what keeps us all sane).

It could be a Basic Search Bar Add On:
      A Search (for Google or Hubpage site only), Helpful Links ( links to your account, your profile, make a new hub, forums, hubitivity, etc.), and maybe some helpful tools like a link to your system calculator, or other useful functions.

Thats just my take,

4. WHoArtNow profile image86

Lol, I'm not sure i could be on-line any more at the moment! But yeah, there good ideas, especially opting for new hubs updated on the add on rather than email, I keep on having to tell Thunderbird that Hubpages emails are most defiantly NOT junk or spam!

I also like the hubpages/google search bar, having the option to search through hubpages before google is cool, I'd prefer to visit a fellow hubber than some random blog!

5. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Yeah, its simple to do that! If you went to my profile because I can't self promote myself, I have a site (I didn't update for a little bit) that has a List of all my Hubs, and a search bar! That Google Search only searches hubpages. To build them both into a bar you would need to create them both then have something like a check box or some trigger to search just one or both or just the other one.