jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Hey guys, have you been backlinking lately?

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image75
    schoolgirlforrealposted 5 years ago

I haven't in a long time except for facebook.

I think I should get back to:

shetoldme.com

twitter

and others.

What do you think? Have you been doing it?

I see that most my incoming views are HP and then google and some Google then HP.

I want more Google and some shetoldme etc.

smile big_smile smile

1. Rik Ravado profile image92
      Rik Ravadoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I used to backlink in the past but never really enjoyed it.  I'm now convinced, post Panda, it is better to wait for others to backlink so your backlinks are natural.  My traffic and earnings have never been better.  I believe Google loves good original content rather than SEO tactics and is looking for metrics like 'time spent on page' rather than artificial linking.  There is plenty of evidence that many so called white hat SEO tactics now result in Google penalties in the SERPs.

Personally I would rather be writing another article (and wait for natural links to appear organically) rather than spending time planting phony links.  That's my take but many here may disagree!

schoolgirlforrealposted 5 years ago in reply to this

sounds good

2. Soramelo profile image79
      Sorameloposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi schoolgirlforreal :-)
      Shetoldme is a paid site now.

paid site? what do you mean, it costs $?

2. Camping with Kids profile image86
    Camping with Kidsposted 5 years ago

Backlinks are still important.

No longer in the quantitative sense that you are piling up markers to look more valuable in Google's eyes, but in the sense that you are promoting your content so others might find it and take a look.

What does it matter if you write the most important piece of content on the Net - if nobody ever finds it. search query keywords are not enough by themselves.

I have anecdotal proof that makes me a believer - one HP account (A) is backed by a fair effort of legitimate backlinking, ie. to and from relevant content, and one HP account (B) that I have not backlinked the content.

(A) significantly outperforms (B) in traffic. - granted the accounts content is different - but the traffic difference is stark enough to make me a believer.

I think backlinking can be fairly compared to advertising, so if it were considered unimportant or unnecessary would it follow that Drano did not need to advertise? It's a good product, but it sits on shelves among multiple other drain cleaners, so the company should just let it be - and hope a customer reaches for them instead of Liquid Plumber?

GA

what kind of backlinks do you do?

working