jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What does this remind me of -

1. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

This is about the parable of the blind men and the elephant -

"In various versions of the tale, a group of blind men (or men in the dark) touch an elephant to learn what it is like. Each one feels a different part, but only one part, such as the side or the tusk. They then compare notes and learn that they are in complete disagreement.
    The stories differ primarily in how the elephant's body parts are described, how violent the conflict becomes and how (or if) the conflict among the men and their perspectives is resolved."

The quote is from Wikipedia as it sums it up in a few words where I might ramble a bit if I try to tell you the story smile

I was thinking that the elephant might be called - "Google"

2. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 5 years ago

Lolo! big_smile Google is the elephant? Sounds good to me. smile

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
      Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Great Analogy 2uesday. Elephants are known to have a good memory.  So does Google. They keep a record of every search you do. I read somewhere that they have saved all the searches going all the way back to when Larry Page first wrote the initial search algorithm when he was in Stanford Univ.  But the elephant won't bite. They only save the reference to "who searched" for two years.

1. AEvans profile image74
        AEvansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Now that is something I did not know. That is a lot of space used to save information.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

The parable reminds me also of a children's book based on the fable, Seven Blind Mice/Ed Young. The author varies it by using mice. The seventh mouse figures out that it is best to see the whole picture before drawing conclusions.

BTW, that 100 looks nice on your avatar. smile

4. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Thank you rebekahEllE not sure how I got that 100.

That's interesting Glenn I never knew that.
    Thanks AEvans pleased you fund the thought interesting.

5. Rehana Stormme profile image91
    Rehana Stormmeposted 5 years ago

ROFL! That's like one of the best analogies to describe Google! It wouldn't have made much sense to me before I started blogging/ HP, but now that I am, it totally does! lol