jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Peculiar Forum Glitch

1. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

This may have been temporary and it may have resolved itself already, but it was so weird that I want to report it just the same, especially since various kinds of glitches are sometimes interrelated.

A moment ago I posted a reply in another thread (Aliens - good or bad?).  When I clicked on Submit, at the top of the page appeared the message box "Sorry this post no longer exists - yadayadayada."  So I navigate out to the list of forum topics.  There, my name appears as the last poster in that thread.  When I click on my name, the link takes me to the same page as before - with the same "Sorry" message.

I decide that my post has vanished, so I type it up again in a text box, ready to paste and post again as a reply in the Alien thread.  Before doing so, though, I type up another reply, in case my vanished post shows up again.  Sure enough, while I am typing up the reply, my vanished post shows up on the page at the same time as the new reply box.  I exit without clicking Submit.

The same thing happens again:  forum thread list shows my name; I click on it; receive the Sorry message and no post.  So I decide actually to post the reply that I had skipped over.  When I do, my vanished post does show up - finally.

I think the Aliens ate and then regurgitated my post - but it may be something the HP engineers want to know about.  lol  big_smile  yikes

2. Cagsil profile image85
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

This is an on and off again glitch which seems to keep returning. lol

It seems like your post didn't post, but if you actually reply to the thread again, you will see your post, if you scroll down after you hit reply. However, for some reason it's not showing up in the thread itself? It's weird.

You will see on the forum list of threads that you posted a comment, but when you go look for it, there will be error.

It's been happening on and off for about 1 year now. lol

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Holy hotdog, Cags. What is that avatar? smile

2. Aficionada profile image94
      Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So, we've got a year's worth of proof that the Aliens have been visiting us?  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  Holy hotdog, indeed!

Seriously, I'm glad that I haven't had the opportunity to experience it so vividly before.  But my assumption always is that the engineers should know about every glitch, because I as a layperson don't know which ones are interrelated.  Sort of like medical symptoms - something small may be big.  smile

1. Cagsil profile image85
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It has been reported and supposedly fixed at least once before. However, it apparently is a nasty little glitch that doesn't know when to die. lol

1. 0
          Home Girlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Something psychotropic is there in this avatar... big_smile