Question about posting a new Hub?

1. Cardia profile image88
    Cardiaposted 5 years ago

I'm applying for Google AdSense, and I read on here (the forums at HubPages) that I should upload a few Hubs first before getting Adsense, so that I can get some traffic going.
    When I finally get AdSense, would I be able to 'edit' these Hubs so that I can put on the AdSense? Also, how many should I upload?

Thank you!

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can always edit your hubs, but you won't need to do that to get adsense to see them and put ads on them. 

Google seems to want to see 6 to 10 hubs before they will give you an adsense account.  When you have a few hubs, you can apply through HP by using the appropriate section in the "earnings" area of "my account".

The learning center (link at bottom of this page) gives more detailed information.

2. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you don't have an Adsense account, it really is a good idea to write a few hubs first before you apply. It gives them some idea of whether you are a genuine writer or not.

A quicker way might be to open a blogger blog, put up and few posts, and apply. Unless you live in an Adsense restricted country, you should find the whole process painlessly smooth.

Once you have your Adsense account, you can add your account number wherever allows you, on your web writings.

Here on HP, you go to My account ~> earnings ~> affiliate settings. You used to be able to just put your Adsense code in, but I think now you tick to allow your Adsense code, whatever, it is simple if you already have an account.

However, if you wish to apply through Hubpages, publish a few articles first, then follow the instructions in the learning centre. There should be a link to there at the foot of this page.

Hope this helps, and welcome to Hubpages smile