jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Google Analytics I need help

1. Nspeel profile image78
    Nspeelposted 5 years ago

It wants me to enter a tracking code into hubpages as if it were my own website. How do I do this on hubpages to figure out what articles are generating income, and things like that?

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

You shouldn't have to do that with Hubpages.

You should be able to create URL Channels under Google Adsense to track your earnings.

Once you've set up URL Channels for your hubs, then connect your Google Adsense account with Google Analytics, and all the information will be carried over.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

what Cagsil said.

this may be helpful.
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/URL- … le-Adsense

4. Nspeel profile image78
    Nspeelposted 5 years ago

I am completely lost then all I know is it says the tracking code is unknown enter this long HTML code into my website.

5. Nspeel profile image78
    Nspeelposted 5 years ago

Rebekah - My channels are already there and working great apparently the two aren't linked how do I do that? I searched for a while with no success.

1. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Go into your Google Adsense account and it should ask you if you want to connect your Google Adsense to Google Analytics. I'm sure that there are helpful links in the Learning Center.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

6. Nspeel profile image78
    Nspeelposted 5 years ago

I am not saying I didn't find helpful links. Just none that were user friendly enough that had the exact same problem as I am having. Maybe I should write a hub about my experiences that way someone else having this exact same problem can find help from someone just as confused at one point in time. HAHA

1. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When you go into Google Adsense and set up your URL Channels for your hubs, this tracks the progress of your hubs.

Within Google Adsense, usually on your main entry screen, it should have a link asking you if you would like to connect your Google Adsense to Google Analytics.

This is how I found it.

Edit: Once you have connected your Google Adsense account to Google Analytics, then that link will no longer exist.

Nspeelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have no idea what is wrong then. I do not see that but I have both accounts setup and apparently just not linked. I also have 51 hubs and have made $0.00 using adsense even though I have almost 5,000 views and over 500 google views. Somewhere something is wrong I think I just do not know how or where to go to fix it.

Nspeelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Does this picture help

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5550317_f248.jpg

you or anyone in anyway?

2. Hestia DeVoto profile image59
          Hestia DeVotoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Pageviews aren't what get you earnings on AdSense, you need clicks on ads.

You might find it helpful to read the FAQ on the AdSense site.

7. Nspeel profile image78
    Nspeelposted 5 years ago

Is it possible to call google and have them assist me in setting up this kind of thing?

8. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 5 years ago

Go to my account==>Earnings==>Reportings Settings==> configure .

Give your Google Analytics code here and you are done.

You can see the traffic data for all your hubs here.

Remember - For Traffic and associated data - Google Analytics.
               For Earnings and associated data - Google Adsense.

We can link both to do better analysis. But I guess we should not mix-up.

Hope this helps.

And, don't even attempt to call Google for these type of things. They have their online help center, forum, faqs and these are the only resources you have.

9. QuestionMaster profile image88
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Nspeel - first, do you have Google Analytics set up yet? If not, do a CTRL+F on the big page of code they give you and find "UA". There should be a code that looks like UA-34-53243243.

Copy and paste that code into the affiliates page to setup analytics.

Once that is done you need to link your Adsense account to Analytics but ONLY if you want to track specific information about Adsense click sources.

You ONLY need Adsense to earn from Adsense.

working