jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

How do I refute a flagging on my hub?

1. Nspeel profile image77
    Nspeelposted 5 years ago

How do I contact hubpages to let them know there is a mistake on my hub being flagged?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are you sure it's a mistake?  Maybe you're just not understanding a rule.

Moderators do make mistakes sometimes, but often it's just that the hubber doesn't understand the rules.

Nspeelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes I am trying to understand.. I could be wrong but I want to make sure they do not think I am stealing pictures or something. I also want to make sure there is no easy solution rather than re editing all my pictures.

If you have watermarks on your pictures, you can't use them.  It doesn't matter if they are your photos or not, you cannot use them.

Personally I think that's unreasonable but it is the rule. There is no way around it.

Do you know why? I am sure there is a why behind it... and it makes no difference if I use my hubpages name or not?

1. wilderness profile image95
              wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Duplicate and stolen material has hurt HP a good deal in the past.

A great many of the stolen pictures on the web have watermarks; by denying watermarked photos it is an easy way to stop that particular type of theft.

Personally I would like to have HP provide a watermark (maybe "photo by hubber" or something) but at this time they do not.  We just have to live with it.

Darn that reallt puts a tamper on things for me because now I must make 2 copies one with and one without. Oh well I guess now I know! lol

1. wilderness profile image95
                  wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are you posting the same photo elsewhere?  Too much of that in one hub and it will be caught as duplicate material....

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

By emailing staff and asking exactly what is wrong with the hub. If the hub was flagged by a hubber and a moderator agreed, or caught for violations of some manner, then it was pulled down for a reason.

You should have received an email detailing/explaining what's wrong with it. However, if not- then send an email to staff- Team@Hubpages.com and ask them directly.

Thank you, sir.

3. Nspeel profile image77
    Nspeelposted 5 years ago

And does that also give them the rights to my work? or do I keep the rights to my pictures without my watermark? What happens if someone steals my picture I think then it is hubpages fault not mine who would be liable?

No.

You keep the rights, but if you post your photos on HubPages, you can't protect them from being stolen. It's a risk you take and it's your decision, so HubPages is not liable. 

If you post photos on the internet, you have to expect them to be stolen, it's a fact of life.

4. Nspeel profile image77
    Nspeelposted 5 years ago

I post most my pictures on instagram but that is an application community for my iphone. Think that interferes with hubpages?

1. QuestionMaster profile image87
      QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

http://hubpages.com/faq/#thirdparty

As long as the pictures are in the public domain, and you reference the original location of the photo or photo taker, it's not an issue.

You can use sites like Flickr to find photos with a creative commons licence.

As long as you are allowed to post the photo (copyright that allows you to) and there is no pixelation or watermarks, you are fine.

This hub may help: http://marisawright.hubpages.com/hub/Ho … -Your-Hubs

working