jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How do I post a poem without spaces between every line?

1. Robin Layne profile image80
    Robin Layneposted 8 years ago

Hi, I have a poem in my Hub-in-progress, and the layout makes every returned line make a space for a paragraph. I don't want this for my poem. I think I saw other poetry that wasn't laid out like this. How do I make it all single-spaced? Thanks.

1. larryfreeman profile image84
      larryfreemanposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hi Robin,

You also might want to try the new editor to see if that helps.

To use the new editor.  Go to "my profile", select "edit profile", change the text editor to "Version 3" and then hit "Save Changes".

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
        JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It is a good idea. i came to know first time. ah! The forum is excellent.

2. 0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

This might help.  You can also use one of the heading formats instead of the paragraph.  Usually, you just have to play around with it.

3. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

*Laughs* Well thats simple to fix! Just hold Shift while you hit return and it won't make the big gap!

(I wish all questions where this easy)

4. Robin Layne profile image80
    Robin Layneposted 8 years ago

Thanks, everybody. I just tried a number of things, on your advice. I switched to Version 3 first. I don't know whether that made a difference or not, except that it added "preformatted" to the choices, which was not at all what I needed. I tried shift enter, and at first it looked like it would work changing every line ending that way by hand, but it kept sending me back to the beginning of the box when I tried erasing the space. So then I marked it and tried the other forms and felt like Heading 2 was just right for what I wanted. Looks good.