jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

No One Is That Advanced

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I just thought I would mention that. smile

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
      Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well said!

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
        paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Now what?

1. Quilligrapher profile image91
          Quilligrapherposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Someone must be that advanced or else there wouldn't be any advancement.

1. profile image0
            Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree.
            ...I think.  ha

2. wheelinallover profile image80
      wheelinalloverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

"We" are that advanced if you look at prehistory and history. Simple things like cigarette lighters are still considered that advanced in some parts of the world even today. The US and the USSR were that advanced when they sent men into space years ago.

I believe the most advanced are still those who can survive without the "trappings" of modern man. For me that advanced equals standing alone, or a member of a small group, needing nothing the modern society provides. There are very few who are that advanced.

Sad to say I am one of them who can't survive without modern. Wheelchairs are a necessary part of my everyday life. It wasn't always that way for me. I guess to me that means I am no longer that advanced.

2. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 5 years ago

Perhaps someone actually IS that advanced...and the rest of us are just..well, slow, or something. roll

1. Quilligrapher profile image91
      Quilligrapherposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is impossible for someone to be more advanced without having someone less advanced. Therefore, the more less advanced, the more advanced are possible.  At least, this is the theory most often advanced by those more advanced than the less advanced.

3. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

1 of 3.

working