jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Use of Bible passages

1. elucidator profile image59
    elucidatorposted 5 years ago

Help! I posted a hub which uses extensive Bible passages. What I have written is original, but uses the passages to support the other material. I explained that to the hubpages board/panel/chieftains/gods yet their response wasn't clear to me and I was stuck with a duplicate red mark -- ouch.

I would imagine there are others who quote Scripture (which I don't believe falls under any copyright laws) so duplication would come up on passages, even though the information surrounding the passages is different and unique.

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have a hub in which I quote a lot from the Bible. But your elucidation of the quotes and unique material should out weigh  your quotes to be considered unique work.
      If you need to use long passages.. quote reference numbers and paraphrase the scripture ..so that you don run into trouble.
      Using links to online Bibles may also help .. MHO

2. QuestionMaster profile image90
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Duplicate content is NOT an issue of copyright.

Basically, duplicate content is seen by search engines as bad, so any content that appears more than once on the internet, whether you wrote it, hold the copyright or for any other reason, is duplicate.

If, for instance, you published the same article on your blog and then on Hubpages, the Hubpages copy would be considered a duplicate.

The only thing you can do is make sure the duplicate content is minimal - basically add more of your own words to the verses - OR place the verses as a picture so they won't be picked up as text.

3. elucidator profile image59
    elucidatorposted 5 years ago

Thanks all for the help!!!