jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Google Adwords...

1. bwhite062007 profile image88
    bwhite062007posted 5 years ago

Has anybody found real success using Google Adwords? Or is there any other advice on what to use. I am having a HORRIBLE time really understanding this whole SEO thing and I have read a bit about it. I'm fairly new at the writing online thing and mainly only write from Hubpages, but I am starting to set up writing on other sites as well.

1. Stacie L profile image87
      Stacie Lposted 5 years ago in reply to this

study as much as you can about seo and keywords. there are mnay articles on it.

2. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

I have never even dared. There are many stories about how easy it is to lose a lot of money on it if you do not understand what you are doing.

bwhite062007posted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's scary

3. QuestionMaster profile image90
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

I think you may be confused.

Google ADWORDS is the site that lets people advertise their sites and pages. It costs money for each click.

Google ADSENSE is what you use to display adverts on your own writing. When people click, you will get varying amounts of money, which will be paid out once you reach payout level ($100 in the US.)
    Adsense will never charge  you.

bwhite062007posted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, I already have adsense.

1. QuestionMaster profile image90
        QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's alright then! However it's quite common for people to confuse the two, especially if they've been using the Adwords keyword tool to do their keyword research.

As for getting traffic using Adwords, you have to ask yourself whether it will be worth the money, and if it will help you in the long run. I personally feel it's better for sites that sell things, instead of use affiliates (for instance, home made products or eBooks.) Or a site that has something really unique or interesting that people will want to link to or visit again, but you're just having difficulty getting those first initial members.

If you want to test it without the investment, why not look out for one of the free $100 or $50 Adwords vouchers that get regularly emailed/posted out to Adsense members and are floating around the 'net?

working