jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Check Boxes..

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

The "keep me signed in" and "follow this hub's comments," as well as here, "follow this forum topic," have been designed at a default of checked.

Sometimes, we are busy, in a hurry, get interrupted or what have you, and forgetting to 'uncheck' a small box is an easy error to makeI do not believe these kinds of things should default to "checked."

They should defualt to NOT checked, and we should be able to opt in  IF we so desire. 

This is particularly true if anyone is using a shared computer, and forgets to opt out of the 'keep me signed in' box...their account could be compromised.

In the case of the 'follow comments' box, it simply creates a nuisance of unecessary e-mail notifications, particularly when it has been applied retroactively to old hubs we are not actively monitoring.

With the new entry page format, it's all right up front upon signing in! It is very easy to see right away whether any of our hubs have received commentary,  whether a forum post has gotten a reply, and even recent comments we've made on others' hubs.  The e-mail notification is a redundancy.

I like the entry page summary changes, but in my opinion, the check boxes need to go away.
    Thank you.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree.  I keep forgetting about it, and the next day I have a heap of email notifications in my email.  Annoying!

2. Ari Lamstein profile image79
      Ari Lamsteinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

We recently created a learning center entry on how to configure this: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Notification

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

OK--so it's doable...but very a very complex system; the "K.I.S.S." principle should probably be applied here.