jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

getting comments on hubs

1. jfay2011 profile image61
    jfay2011posted 5 years ago

how do you keep getting comments on your hubs?  I mean the ones that you have written recently and then the older ones?  Do you keep revising them or adding new stuff to them?  How do you get lots of people commenting on your hubs?  I'm getting some, but would like to get more people commenting and reading my hubs.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Comments is a trading system, a society of people returning favors when you comment on their hubs. Those who really seek feedback need to be active. Some are not shy about promoting their own hubs in comments or encouraging others to visit a specific hub; not a practice that I agree with.

There are other methods. Some hubs happen to have a large audience from the wider Internet. Their popularity gives a constant flow of comments from unregistered visitors.

1. jfay2011 profile image61
      jfay2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

how do you get lots of comments from the wider internet?  Do you have to advertise a little more?  I'm new to advertising my hubs

1. QuestionMaster profile image87
        QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you use good keywords, you can often draw traffic from search engines that increases over time without you ever revisiting the hub. Many claim backlinking also helps, but I'm far too lazy for that on a site that isn't my own!
        After I write a hub I never change it (unless there is a glaring mistake such as spelling or incorrect fact.) The older a hub is, the more search engine visitors it will get, if it's in a good niche.

There are several things that drive internet searchers to leave comments:

1. Controversy - if it's a topic on which many people have strong opinions, you'll draw lots of comments.
        2. Very helpful information or something extremely new/interesting - if people are very grateful (for instance they've been searching for hours and yours is the first good topical article they've found) they'll be a lot more likely to leave comments.
        3. Further questions - if people read your whole article and think you seem to be an expert, but they still want more information or help, they're likely to leave a comment/question.

2. 0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The hubs I've seen that had attracted a lot of comments were popular because people search for them. Of course, you can advertise by using social networks, backlinks and such, but keyword research seems to be the way to go unless you happen to come upon an attractive niche.