jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

Who does these things?-Just for fun, read on.....

1. cherylone profile image90
    cheryloneposted 5 years ago

We’ve all had them, those moments when we read or see something and sit back puzzling over the information because “who does these things?”  I would like to list some of the things that I have puzzled over and invite everyone to add their own list of “who does these things”.  Read on and have fun……………….

1.    On the packaging of a hand-held hair dryer it states in bold letters:  Warning, do not use in the shower or bath! 
    2.    On a foam coffee cup it states in all capital letters:  Warning contents hot! 
    3.    On a large office building a lit sign advertises that it is a real estate broker and just below the sign is a smaller one that reads:  For Sale.  The company selling it is not the broker advertised on the building. 
    4.    In the window of a department store a large sign states in all capital bright red letters “NOW HIRING” and right next to it is a smaller sign that reads “GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE-final days”.
    5.    On the glass door of a business are signs that read “we accept ALL CREDIT CARDS, ALL DEBIT CARDS AND PERSONAL CHECKS”, inside on the register a sign reads “CASH ONLY”.
    6.    A company advertises that you can get an item for free, just pay the outrageous shipping and handling fee.
    7.    On a small salt packet in a fast food restaurant is the simple list of ingredients:  salt and dextrose for flavoring---dextrose is natural sugar.
    8.    On a bag of dog or cat food sits a banner “NEW BETTER TASTE”, I wonder what animal tasted it and told them it was better.
    9.    A sign along a stretch of road reads “$100 FINE FOR LITTERING” and underneath it is a pile of trash ankle deep.
    10.    On the door of a family physician is a sign that reads “if you have flu-like symptoms, please do not enter”.

1. 0
      setarehposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh, i saw this pack of mixed nuts and the packaging said in bold - WARNING. MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF NUTS.
      Made me laugh!

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

I can add one, on a different note. We were flipping the channels over the weekend. We stopped briefly on a program called Knives Live. And, I'm not kidding, they were trying to sell a large pocket knife with 'Happy Mothers Day' engraved in the blade. I rolled on the floor laughing, but it's scary. There must be people out there that were dialing in to buy one for their mother.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would have to say you've never traveled off the beaten path in Kentucky or West Virginia.  Maybe Louisiana or Alabama Moms could use them fighting off the 'gators as well.  Lots of sales everywhere! smile

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
        MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I do not own a pocket knife.  No women in my family owns a pocket knife.  I have never seen any women in my memory in possession of a pocket knife.  I know no West Virginian man stupid enough to buy his wife/mother a pocket knife for a gift... We'd pull the 12-gauge on them.

1. 0
          klarawieckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's because you don't have to fight alligators when you leave your house! I never leave home without my pocket knife! MWAAHAHAAAAAA!!!!

2. Randy Godwin profile image92
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Laugh if you like, Emile.  I've written a hub especially for ladies and youths concerning survival and camping tools made in smaller sizes.  There is a demand for these tools from those with smaller hands.  smile

1. 0
        Emile Rposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey, I'm all for pocket knives. But not as engraved gifts for Mothers Day. What next? Elvis decanters?

1. Randy Godwin profile image92
          Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not an Elvis fan either?  smile

3. 0
      klarawieckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That would be a great present for Gema, the mother of Jax in Sons of Anarchy!

3. Aficionada profile image92
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Hey now, watch your mouth!  I have several pocket knives and I am glad that I do.  I can't imagine any Mom worth her salt who doesn't need one.  And, as far as Mother's Day goes, one of my Mother's all-time favorite gifts on Mother's Day was an electric lawn mower.

4. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Uh oh!  Seems that Emile has made some serious enemies here.  And knife toting Mamas are not to be toyed with! smile

5. 0
    klarawieckposted 5 years ago

How about you're having internet connection problems, and the only way to fix it is by sending an email to ITS (Information Technology Services).

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've run into that!  Couldn't connect, so Vista sent us to the MS online help section. sad

6. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

Name of a carpet store...

7. 0
    klarawieckposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't mind getting a gift like this one. It's nice!

8. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago