jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Here is an example of Dup content Google always allows

1. bgamall profile image87
    bgamallposted 5 years ago

Google allows dup content from trusted sites, one to another. Here is an example. This was an article from the Daily Beast. While I don't agree with Carlos Slim because Mexico has the worst inequality, maybe in the entire world, point is that this is dupe content. Google and all search, including Yahoo who posts Reuters and everything under the sun at Yahoo finance does not care.

http://www.businessinsider.com/carlos-s … omy-2011-9

So there are two sets of rules. One for the insiders and one for the outsiders.

2. QuestionMaster profile image90
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Actually, in my experience, Google doesn't care about duplicate content at all.

I've known of people who used completely duplicate sites and got traffic within hours - all they do is change the title and subtitles, as that is all Google seems to care about.

3. DIY Backlinks profile image59
    DIY Backlinksposted 5 years ago

Reading the article I have to laugh, then why is Mexico such a mess if he knows how to fix an economy? As far a duplicate content, put enough on your site and it will get de-indexed. Been there and done that!

1. bgamall profile image87
      bgamallposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, what I am saying is that Google has two standards. One is for Hubpages and similar sites. Another is for the sites they allow for duplicate content. It sucks. I had articles from Hubpages republished on BI and they always were ranked higher on google until panda. Panda in effect stole my content since I make money on my own sites but not on BI. I had permission to share the articles with BI and everything was fine...until Panda.

4. Cheeky Girl profile image84
    Cheeky Girlposted 5 years ago

If you are on the Google White list, as Wall Street Journal and many other media outlets are (Times newspaper London, etc ...notice the Rupert Murdoch connection) you can dupe all you like and never get penalised.

But if you are not on the White list of Google then you are, in their opinion - lower down the food chain. I hubbed about this before. Oh, Bing has a whitelist system too. Google is facing legal action in Europe over White lists. It's probably discriminatory. The 2 standards of Google are well known.

Maybe some day we can all dupe content...if we are willing to pay Google for it. I see some hubbers' IP's are being blocked by the Google sandbox too. Nice.