jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What do y'all (I'm from Texas) think about indicating that your . . .

1. homesteadbound profile image88
    homesteadboundposted 5 years ago

writing is copyrighted at the bottom of each hub? Do you do it or not? Why or why not?

2. QuestionMaster profile image87
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

There is already a note that all work is copyrighted by the author.

However "scrapers" (automatic programs that take content) and unscrupulous users ignore such notices.

If you put anything online, you have to expect to have it copied at some stage. There are ways and means to get copied content taken down, including lodging a DMCA with Google, reporting the article to the site administrator or reporting to the site to the hosting company.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

I agree with QuestionMaster. However, I think that indicating copyright is not a bad idea. It gives a sense of orderliness, and certainly shows the reader that the author claims the work as his or her own.

4. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 5 years ago

Is there a program that I can use to make sure my work is not copied? I believe I remember seeing one.

1. QuestionMaster profile image87
      QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There are plugins you can use on  your site to stop people right clicking or highlighting, but scrapers can get around that.

2. Camping with Kids profile image87
      Camping with Kidsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

there are programs you can use, that cost money, I think Copyscape is one, but you can use Google alerts for free.

Just set up a Google alert, using the title or a specific sentence from the first paragraph of your writing, and Google will send you a notice if it finds that sentence on the Net.

Just Google "Google Alerts" for easy instructions and guidelines.