jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Hubpages Team-Please explain all the rules

1. sid_candid profile image59
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

A few weeks ago I had a few of my hubs on debt being removed as they said that this topic is not allowed at Hubpages unless the hub is of exceptional quality. I have a hub on relationship which gets me a lot of traffic so decided to write a few more hubs on the topic and interlink them. Now I get a warning that "Get your ex" too is a topic not allowed at Hubpages unless you have an exceptional article. Can you explain all the rules to write Hubs especially the topics we should not write about.

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you are going to create a Hub on an over saturated topic, it should be better than other articles about this topic on the web or HubPages and offer something that hasn't already been covered.  We have a higher evaluation method for these topics than other topics on HubPages because writers in the past have tried to game the system by writing poor articles only for traffic.  Plus, it's not good for the overall health of your subdomain to have too many Hubs about topics that are over saturated.  Hope that answers your question.  smile

1. K9keystrokes profile image91
        K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Beautifully explained...cool

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 5 years ago
    1. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

3. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

I had a similar problem with a page about barbecuing, and how it was essential to remove your head from your ass before starting, due to potential fire risks.

Fortunately the misunderstanding was cleared up and I was pleased to move into the suggested alternative category which was rectal phrenology.

1. WriteAngled profile image92
      WriteAngledposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL many times over!

Synonyms rule, OK.

2. K9keystrokes profile image91
      K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago in reply to this
  4. PaulaHenry1 profile image69
    PaulaHenry1posted 5 years ago

I wrote a hub about why you DONT want your ex back and it was eventually allowed. Contact HP and explain it.