jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

deleting unwanted comments

1. jfay2011 profile image60
    jfay2011posted 5 years ago

I have denied some comments on a few of my hubs as I have chosen to write about my opinions about how a father in my mind should have sent his little daughter over with stolen property right away.  She stole my nail polish and I wanted it back.  I'm getting nasty comments from people that I have chosen to deny their comments and deleted them.  However they're still showing up when i view my hubs.  I would like to not see them there at all as I don't want to keep seeing their nasty comments to me.  Seeing that I'm a victim of someone stealing.
    how do you delete something so I don't see it anymore?  I don't even want to see at all on my hubs when i go look at them.  How do you erase them completely.

1. Froggy213 profile image36
      Froggy213posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would mark them as spam and the filter will catch the IP and always call it spam. It may take a few, but it should solve it in time

jfay2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

i did mark them as spam.  thanks for the info.  I'm sick of getting nasty comments

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Last time I checked, deleted comments will not show up on hubs after a period of time and I think that time frame is 24 hours. If you have deleted comments and those comments haven't disappeared completely after that period, then I would suggest email staff about it.

thanks, because i'm disgusted with people calling me a nutjob, whacked in the head, and anything else that's really nasty.  i had a right to my opinion.  I bet there are a lot of parents out there that would have agreed with me that the father should have sent his daughter right over with stolen goods.  i would approve that nicer kind of comment.  i think a bunch of the comments are coming from people that probably know the family.  Would you think it is harassment if i vented for a little bit?  I got stolen from.  That's a big deal.  I spent over a hundred dollars on that nail polish.  I don't think it was harassment to vent for a little bit and express my opinion.

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why are you so worried about what these comments are saying? All those people are doing is showing that they either didn't read your hub or didn't understand your hub?

The comments speak about the people leaving the comments than it does about your hub, which I've not read.

However, since I am not parent either, I would take the side that the father should do the right thing and have the child/sibling return the item stolen and do it herself/himself. Along with an apology.

If anyone is arguing against that, then they should have their head examined.

that is right, thanks. i've got four kids and they are all really good kids and I'm a wonderful mother that loves and nurtures them whether i live with them or not

3. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago

You could just remove the comments box on your hub.

I personally let nasty comments stay.  I figure if I piss someone off then at least my writing has reached them on an emotional level...

Any fool can make it through life without making people angry, if you are going to change the world you are going to need to step on some toes (paraphrased from Eddings, who likely paraphrased it from someone else)

that is so true.  What's that saying, You can't please everyone, but you can choose who you want to listen to.  What you do in your life is all that matters.  Do what is right for you and don't listen to the ones who are badmouthing you.  You know yourself better than anyone else does.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

When you deny a comment you can choose to delete it forever. then it won't show up.

I did that so have found out how to do it.  I ended up deleting some of the hubs where I was venting about the girl stealing.  I got a lot of people thinking I was childish for venting.  maybe I took it too far, but it's over and being a good mother for my children, I have deleted those hubs.  But you cant change what is in the past.  But I'm still going to write my novel, as that's fiction and I have the right to write it.