jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Combining Docstoc with HubPages to earn more: Some thoughts

1. Urbane Chaos profile image91
    Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago

First off, from what I understand, Docstock is an income earning site similar to HubPages, but instead of writing hubs, you share documents.  I haven't tried it out yet, but it looks to be promising.

Has anyone used this service or know anything about it?

I would think that this service could be used in conjunction with HubPages, especially since HubPages doesn't offer a way to share PDF's and other files internally. 

I have a plethora of files on Oklahoma that are just sitting around.  I've already got my use from them, but I don't want to delete them simply because it took so much work to create them.  For example, I created a map of the major cattle trails through Indian Territory in the 1870's for research for an article.  I could create a hub about this and include a link to the Docstock website for people to download the PDF file.  By doing it like that, I think I could increase my earnings as they visit both places.

It's a thought anyway..

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Not heard of them myself. But, thank you. It gives me something to look into. wink

3. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago

No doubt cool

4. Urbane Chaos profile image91
    Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago

Usually, I try to stay away from these sites unless I've heard something great about them, but...the more I look at it, the more I'm convinced it's a good deal.  I'm going to give this a try later today and see how it works.

You have to promote the documents just like on HubPages, but by combining HP and that site, I don't think it'll be a problem. 

I'll let you all know..