jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

NOTE: A substantial portion of the content on this hub is copied

1. mydubaistay profile image60
    mydubaistayposted 5 years ago

I published a hub like 2 days ago on Facebook charging its users. Many people shared it and now all of a sudden I got the message stating
    "
    NOTE: A substantial portion of the content on this hub appears on other pages Please address the moderator set alert below, and correct the problem if possible." so now the hub is unpublished.
    What about those who will click on it :s
    All because the hub contains the status that the users on Facebook were sharing which is:
    �FACEBOOK JUST RELEASED THEIR PRICE GRID FOR MEMBERSHIP. $9.99 PER MONTH FOR GOLD MEMBER SERVICES, $6.99 PER MONTH FOR SILVER MEMBER SERVICES, $3.99 PER MONTH FOR BRONZE MEMBER SERVICES, FREE IF YOU COPY AND PASTE THIS MESSAGE BEFORE MIDNIGHT TONIGHT. WHEN YOU SIGN ON TOMORROW MORNING YOU WILL BE PROMPTED FOR PAYMENT INFO...IT IS OFFICIAL IT WAS EVEN ON THE NEWS. FACEBOOK WILL START CHARGING DUE TO THE NEW PROFILE CHANGES. IF YOU COPY THIS ON YOUR WALL YOUR ICON WILL TURN BLUE AND FACEBOOK WILL BE FREE FOR YOU. PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE ON IF NOT YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IF YOU DO NOT PAY....�

I have to refer to this paragraph on my hub.
    This is the second time that this sort of thing happened to me. The last time my hub was published after a few days it was unpublished, then published again after administrator reviewing but sadly with in a few days again it was unpublished again, and so out of frustration I deleted it.

Something needs to be done about this seriously!

1. melbel profile image91
      melbelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What you could do is just use a small part of the Facebook status instead of the whole thing. You would still be able to get the message across without getting hit with a duplicate thing. You could also just describe what the status says.

mydubaistayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your suggestion I will do it but still I seriously find it a big flaw in hub pages. If a certain part of a hub is an excerpt it should be allowed or may be there should be some capsule made available for this purpose.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

It is a hoax anyway...

If you want to talk about it you can paraphrase what it says then you won't get flagged.

yeah but sometimes you need to quote something..I know I wont waste my time publishing something like this on hub pages again but I wanted to point out a flaw in their system.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
        Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Anyone who is on Facebook would have seen it any way so it's really not necessary to repeat the whole thing. As I said, you can paraphrase it.

2. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you may quote things in a hub, but those quotes must be a small percentage of the hub.  They cannot be the majority, or anything like the majority, of the text.

3. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Another thing you can do is take a screen-shot of the quote, tidy it up in your photo editor, and post it as a photograph in its entirety, then write your hub around it. No dup content!

1. Rehana Stormme profile image92
          Rehana Stormmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Exactly! I concur with the above. Since you're not doing anything wrong, just take a screenshot of the message and post it as a picture on your hub. You can even link it back to the source. That should sort you out. (I read that article and liked it, by the way) smile

Thank you so much..I am glad I discussed it here, as it has cleared many objections that were in my mind. Thank you all.

3. G Miah profile image82
    G Miahposted 5 years ago

Facebook is a waste of time, apart from the backlinks! Good luck to you in resolving the issue.

thanks smile

4. profile image0
    Wentworth35posted 5 years ago

I have had hubs unpublished, because I have had several incarnations on HubPages, which I delete when I get bored, and create a new profile a few weeks later.  I then cannot republish some of my work, because it has been on this site before.  Yet, others, which I have also had on this site before are published with no problem.  So, it makes little sense to me.  I have tried to ask, why my work has been unpublished, when it is entirely my own, and I have it on no other site, but I don't receive a reply.  So, now, when something is unpublished, I simply delete it altogether.  I refuse to totally rewrite my own work, simply because it has been on this site, under a different profile name of mine.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is most likely because the work is still showing up in the google caches.  It can actually take a week or two to get these cleared off the net in some cases.

5. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

You need to either quote less, or add more original content.  But, honestly, this hoax has pretty much stopped being news by now....

working